Welcome to the South East Nordic
Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA) list. The SENTOA
list is open only to Nordic Tug owners and prospective
owners, as well as invited guests who have a professional
connection to Nordic Tugs.
In order to subscribe to the SENTOA
list please go to:
Enter your first and last name and email address and click the subscribe button. An email will be sent to you with instructions on how to confirm your subscription.
The SENTOA list is intended to facilitate
communication among Nordic Tug owners in a simple but
effective way. In effect, what one posts to the list,
all subscribers receive as email either immediately or
overnight for those subscribers using the digest feature.
In order to post, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to reply to an email, in
the interest of making the list more readable and to
help those subscribers who have bandwidth limitations
aboard their tugs, please do not automatically quote
the previous messages when adding comments in a
thread. Quote only what is necessary for understanding
If you inlcude an attachment or photograph the entire message must not exceed 500Kb. If you do not reduce the size of your attahment or photo, your post will be rejected.
In order to unsubscribe from the SENTOA
list send an email addressed to:
You do not need to include anything in the subject line or body of the email. You will receive an email reply confirming the cancellation of your subscription.
1. Follow the instruction above to unsubscribe.
2. Follow the instructions above to re-subscribe with your new email address.
You are able to search the SENTOA archives using Empathy, the SENTOA archive software.
1. Go to the following link:
2. You can search the archives by entering a search string at the top of the screen in the “Search This List“ box and hit return.
— OR —
You can browse the archives by selecting a Year and Month from the drop down menu in the “By Month” box.
4. A list of messages in the archives will be
displayed. Click on the title of the
desired message to read the original.
There are a few advanced Listserver preferences that you are able to change using Affinity, the SENTOA Listserver management software. Most subscribers do not need to change their preferences. If you want to receive the Summary Digest version of the SENTOA posts or suspend receiving posts temporarily, you will need to set those preferences in Affinity. (The Summary Digest version will bundle multiple posts before sending you an email rather than sending you an email for every individual post.)
1. Go to the following link:
In the upper right-hand corner of the Affinity window click on "Hi, Guest". The first time you access Affinity you have to sign up for an account. Click "Click here to sign up for a new account". Enter the information requested in the window and click the "Sign Up" button. Affinity will send you an email with instructions on how to verify your new account. In the future you can "Sign In" using your email address and password.
2. After you sign in, the Affinity Dashboard is displayed. Click the vertical three dots to the right of the green "member" box (right-hand side, middle of screen).
3. Choose "Change preferences" from the drop down menu and the Preferences window will be displayed.
4. You can change the following preferences: Delivery Status, Delivery Mode, Receive own postings, Acknowledge posts, Hide address, and Receive list copies. Descriptions of the options are included. If you want to select the Digest option, select "Summary Digest" from the Delivery Mode drop-down menu.
5. If you want to temporarily suspend receiving SENTOA posts select "Disabled" from the Delivery Status drop-down menu. (Be sure to "Enable" your Delivery Status when you are ready to begin receiving posts again.)
6. After choosing your preferences, click the blue "Save preferences" button. If you want to set your preferences to the default settings (most common), click the red "Delete preferences" button.
7. To sign out of Affinity, click your name in the upper right-hand corner of the Affinity Dashboard and then click "Sign Out" in the dorp-down menu.
1. The list is open to all current, previous
and prospective Nordic Tug owners. The list is sponsored
by the South East Nordic Tug Owners Association (SENTOA).
Please forward a $15 voluntary annual contribution to:
c/o L Kirk Glenn
51 Harbour Passage
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
2. Let's keep the topics to Nordic Tugs,
cruising, maintenance, etc.
3. No commercial posting, advertising
or any form of commercial solicitation material with the
exception of posting your Nordic Tug for sale notice or
equipment that is on board.
4. No attachments larger than 1Mb. Remember
that some people may be accessing the list at low bandwidth.
5. Please do not use all CAPS in your messages
to the list. All CAPS is considered shouting and is considered
6. As there are so many other sources of
information about viruses and as virus warnings are not
related to Nordic Tugs please do not post any virus warnings.
7. No profanity; or material that is
vulgar, obscene or indecent; threats; abusive language;
statements that are racially offensive, bigoted or hateful.
8. No posting of unauthorized copyrighted
9. No material that advocates illegal
activity or discusses illegal activities.
10. Be sure of your facts. The laws against
libel pertain to the SENTOA list. Do not allege fraud
or any other criminal action, wrongdoing or negligence
in a post to the list or label anyone a fraud or a thief
in a post to the list. When in doubt do not post.
11. When you post please include your
name, the name of the boat and hailing port and the hull
number and model number at the end of your email. Do not
include any other signature blocks. For example:
Any Where, FL
12. Nordic Tug dealers and Nordic Tugs
factory personnel are welcomed to subscribe to the list.
13. Nautical vendors and suppliers of
boating equipment can subscribe based on an invitation
from the administrative team. Vendors and suppliers invited
to subscribe to the list must adhere to the "no commercial"
policies of the SENTOA list and must identify their commercial
affiliation at the end of their postings. The administrative
team will invite to the list those vendors and suppliers
whose products, services, equipment, etc. would be of
interest to Nordic Tug owners or who could contribute
14. By subscribing to the SENTOA list
you agree to not attempt to use subscriber addresses for
mass mailing purposes or any commercial solicitation and
you further agree that any violation of the SENTOA rules
will be cause for terminating your subscription to the
15. If you are going to utilize auto-reply
messages or out of the office messages please use the Delivery Status: Disabled option (see above, How to Change Your Preferences).
The Administrative Team is here to help you in navigating through the
list features and also to monitor and enforce the list
rules. The rules for the list are simple and are intended
to make the list a powerful resource for Nordic Tug owners
without the burden of commercial postings or other unwanted
or undesirable material.
The administrative team is as follows:
Herb Nickles (email@example.com)
— Herb and his wife, Wendy, do their boating in New England,
are retired information technology professionals, previously owned
If you have any comments or suggestions
on how to make the list a better resource please let
the administrative team know.